Thank you for your interest in applying for a scholarship from One Nurse At A Time for your volunteer mission.
A $75 non-refundable application fee must be submitted via PayPal on our DONATION page prior to your application being processed. Or mail a check to: One Nurse at a Time, 7747 38th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
Your completed application must include:
1) An email giving the following information:
Subject line should list your last name, first name, organization and travel dates
Email should be sent to Scholarship@OneNurseAtATime.org
- Your legal name, address, telephone numbers, email address
- Nursing license number and state
- Name of the organization with whom you are volunteering (must be on our directory), location and dates of mission, telephone and email for your contact at the organization
- How did you become aware of One Nurse At A Time?
2) Please explain
- Why did you decide to pursue humanitarian nursing in general and this mission in particular?
- What is the nature of the volunteer work you will do?
- What are your expectations for this mission?
- What impact do you hope to have?
- What are the trip costs, out of pocket expenses, and any other contributions you will receive and how will this scholarship benefit you?
- Other comments about the volunteer experience
3) Two professional references: Provide names, telephone and/or email information.
Ask your references to write an email with your last name, first name, organization and travel dates in the subject heading of the email and send it to Scholarship@OneNurseAtATime.org
References should answer the following questions and cite examples to support their views:
- Reference’s legal name, home address, phone and email.
- What is the context of your relationship with the applicant and how long have you known him/her?
- Describe your personal observation of how the applicant interacts with others: on the peer level, under authority of others and/or as a leader of others?
- What is your opinion of the applicant’s sensitivity and adaptability towards people of other cultural backgrounds?
- Explain at least 2 strengths and two weaknesses you have observed in the applicant, and how these traits contribute to or hinder the applicant’s relationships and effectiveness in work.
- What shared experiences cause you to respect or admire the applicant?
- What is your opinion of the applicant’s professional abilities as a nurse?
4) A current CV/resume
Your application is not considered complete unless all of the above has been received no less than 2 months prior to your anticipated travel date. No incomplete or late applications will be considered.
For emergency/disaster response missions with less than 2 months’ notice, contact Sue@OneNurseAtATime to verify the process.
A Maximum of 5 (five) scholarships per year will be granted to nurses participating in any one organization’s missions per calendar year.
The application process is very selective. Please be comprehensive in your responses to the questions. You will be notified when your application, fee and 2 references are received. You will not receive updates if something has not been received.
Each completed application is presented to the Board of Directors. You will be contacted once a decision is made. Please understand, our ability to offer financial assistance is based on the funding available at any given time.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer humanitarian nursing.